Pilkington energiKare™ Advantage
For applications requiring an optimised Ug value we introduce a new concept for the ultimate in thermal efficiency.
By combining Pilkington K Glass™ OW on Surface 4* of an IGU with Pilkington Optitherm™ S1 Plus ultra low-emissivity glass on Surface 2** a very low Ug-value of 0.9 W/m²K can be achieved. Put simply you get triple performance with only two panes of glass!
Pilkington K Glass™ OW has always been the ideal choice for clarity. As an advanced form of the original Pilkington K Glass™ it provides better light transmission and allows in more free heat from the sun to enable householders to reduce energy usage and save money on heating bills.
* the exterior surface of the inside pane
** the interior surface of the outside pane
- Superb energy-efficient glazing for warmth and comfort in the home
- Improves the energy efficiency of the home and hence reduces the amount of energy used and saves money on heating bills
- Part of the Pilkington energiKare™ Range it is suitable for use in uPVC, timber and metal windows
- Manufactured to the highest British and European quality standards in our own plants and those of our franchised customers countrywide
- Additional benefits for Trade customers:
- No additional raw materials required
- No additional capital investments necessary
- Easily integrated into current fabrication processes
- Lighter construction
- Can use existing profiles
- Highly durable
- Can be toughened for impact safety purposes