Specially designed for conservatories and large glazed areas, Pilkington Activ SunShade™ is perfect for use in both the roof and verticals. It uses daylight and rainwater to break down and wash away organic dirt from exterior surfaces, making it ideal for hard-to-clean areas. Typically the Blue is used in the roof and the Neutral in the verticals of a conservatory giving you a year-round clearer view of your garden. Its unique solar control coating also helps keep internal temperatures cool whilst still maintaining excellent light transmittance.
For optimum thermal performance, combine Pilkington Activ SunShade™ with a product from the Pilkington K Glass™ or Pilkington Optitherm™ Ranges in an Insulating Glass Unit (IGU).
How It Works
A revolutionary photo-catalytic and hydrophilic coating that works in two stages.
The unique dual-action self-cleaning coating is located on the external glass pane. It has got photo-catalytic and hydrophilic properties, and works in two stages:
Stage 1 - The coating reacts with natural daylight to break down and loosen organic dirt.
Stage 2 - When it rains, instead of forming droplets, the water spreads evenly over the surface of the glass, forming a thin film and helping to wash away any dirt and reduce streaks.
During long dry spells the glass can be cleaned by simply hosing it down with clean water.
Benefits of Pilkington Activ SunShade™
- Medium solar control performance combined with good light transmission
- Attractive aesthetics and optimum performance
- Reduces cleaning and maintenance costs and gives windows a better appearance for longer
- Pilkington Activ™ coating lasts the lifetime of the glass and works even on cloudy days and during the night
- Easily cleaned during dry spells by hosing down
- Ideal for use in the walls and roof of conservatories
- Available in 4mm and 6mm thickness
- Durable, single stock, toughenable on- and off-line coated glass, easy to handle and process; can be cut, laminated, toughened, heat-strengthened, bent and made into IGUs using standard processing techniques ensuring speedy delivery
- Colour match whether toughened or annealed
- Can be combined with low-emissivity glass from the Pilkington K Glass™ or Pilkington Optitherm™ Ranges and argon gas fill in an IGU for the ultimate in conservatory glazing
- This double coated product should be made into an IGU such that the Pilkington Activ™ coated side is external (surface 1) and the Pilkington SunShade™ side is internal (surface 2 counting from the outside)