The Pilkington Optimirror™ Range is a collection of high specification mirrors that incorporate excellent protection of the reflective silver layer, without the need for the copper and lead used in the conventional process.
In addition to being environmentally friendly to manufacture, the Pilkington Optimirror™ Range offers far greater resistance to natural atmospheric corrosion – thus reducing the unsightly problems of black edges and spot faults.
All products can be utilised across a wide variety of buildings and applications including walls, partitions, doors, displays, ceilings, cupboards, wardrobes and other furniture.
Pilkington Optimirror™ OW
Pilkington Optimirror™ OW is a high specification mirror manufactured on a low-iron substrate to give a more brilliant and clearer appearance.
Like Pilkington Optimirror™, Pilkington Optimirror™ OW is manufactured to a superior quality standard and offers 94% light reflection on 4 mm thickness.
Pilkington Optimirror™ Protect
Pilkington Optimirror™ is also available with the addition of a special safety film backing (Pilkington Optimirror™ Protect) to protect against possible injury resulting from breakage. Pilkington Optimirror™ Protect makes it the ideal choice for applications anywhere in the home where there is a greater risk of accidental damage e.g. doors, wardrobes and children's rooms.
Pilkington Mirropane™ Chrome
For our chromium based mirror, resistant to corrosion and humidity, look at our Pilkington Mirropane™ Chrome range.
- Superior light reflection of 94% on 4 mm thickness
- Pilkington Optimirror™ OW on Pilkington Optiwhite™ substrate offers superb reflection and clarity
- Excellent resistance to natural atmospheric corrosion
- Higher corrosion resistance and improved protection to chemical attack from cleaners and certain adhesives than conventional copper mirrors
- Environmentally friendly manufacturing process produces less waste and ensures easier onward recycling
- Manufactured to European standard EN 1036 - easily surpasses the durability and site acceptance tests in the product standard
- Available in a range of sizes in thickness (3, 4 and 6 mm)
- Easy to handle, install and process
- Also available on a bronze tinted substrate as Pilkington Optimirror™ Bronze
Additional benefits of Pilkington Optimirror™ Protect:
- Incorporates a special safety film for added impact safety
- Available in 4 mm and 6 mm thicknesses
- Achieves impact performance EN 12600 2(B)2