The Pilkington Suncool™ Range comprises our highest performing off-line coated, solar control and low-emissivity glass products. Coating technology has revolutionised the design of modern buildings enabling extensive use of glazing which combines functionality with stunning aesthetics.
We are a global leader in high performance glass and glazing solutions and continually develop products to meet an ever increasing focus on low-energy performance and ‘green-building’ initiatives. We manufacture Pilkington Suncool™ on our state-of-the-art coater in St Helens, Merseyside offering the latest products and improved sustainability to the UK construction market.
With the growing use of glass in architecture, Pilkington Suncool™ can help to reduce capital outlay and running costs of air-conditioning, as well as reducing the carbon emissions of a building the whole year round.
Always used in Insulating Glass Unit form both clear or neutral appearance are available, as well as two distinctive colours; blue and silver.
- Pilkington Suncool™ must be glazed in an Insulating Glass Unit (IGU)
- Pilkington Suncool™ can be combined in an IGU with other products from the Pilkington range to provide benefits such as impact safety, security, fire resistance or for example additional noise reduction using Pilkington Optiphon™
- The performance options offered by the range has now been extended to include a selection of the Pilkington Suncool™ coatings on low-iron, extra clear Pilkington Optiwhite™ for enhanced aesthetics, Pilkington Suncool™ OW
- Pilkington Activ Suncool™ is glazed as the outer pane in an Insulating Glass Unit. It is a dual coated single glass incorporating the Pilkington Activ™ self-cleaning coating on the outer surface and the Pilkington Suncool™ solar control coating on the inner surface. For more information on Pilkington Activ Suncool™ click here.
- Range of solar control and light transmittance options available
- Solar radiation transmittance (g-value) ranging from 0.42 down to 0.17
- External light reflections ranging from a low 10% up to 42%
- Light transmittance performance ranging from 70% to 28% giving excellent light/heat ratios
- Ideal for large areas of glazing to control solar gain whilst providing high light levels
- Cost effective solution for reducing energy consumption
- Pilkington Suncool™ can be supplied in toughened, toughenable and laminated forms
- Pilkington Spandrel Glass available for blending with opaque panel requirements
- Please refer to our performance data tables for more details
Pilkington Suncool™ Partners
Suppliers who specifically stock 6mm Pilkington Suncool™ 70/35 Pro T in LES format
Suppliers who specifically stock Pilkington Suncool™ 70/35, 70/40 & 66/33 Pro T in all thicknesses