Pilkington Microwhite™ is an extremely thin, high-grade float glass manufactured to precise standards. It is made according to the highest specifications with very low thickness tolerances, to ensure flat and uniform products, suitable for a variety of applications.
Pilkington Microwhite™ is a low-iron extra-clear glass manufactured using the float glass process. The result is a very pure, clear glass that has the added benefit of increased light transmission.
The excellent plane and low tolerances of thickness make Pilkington Microwhite™ an ideal product for a wide range of applications. Pilkington Microwhite™ is used for the production of microscope slides, cosmetic mirrors, glass mosaics, chromatographic plates, LCD photo masks, automotive and technical glass, PC display screens and tablet PC’s. Due to its superior light and energy transmission Pilkington Microwhite™ is well suited for use in solar concentrator applications.
- high-grade thin float glass offering excellent plane and low thickness tolerances;
- flat and uniform product;
- excellent optical transmission;
- neutral edge colour;
- superior light and energy transmission;
- free of fluorescent reflections;
- resistant to chemicals;
- improved wetability through a silane coating*;
- extended shelf life;
- pre-cut to customer specifications.