Adding a conservatory is an extremely popular means to increase the available space in your home, as well as adding value to your property.
A glass conservatory can be beneficial for a wide range of reasons:
- Due to the development in both thermally insulating glass and solar-control glass, you will be able to use this additional room/area all year round.
- It will enable you to enjoy your garden throughout the year, bringing "the outside in".
- It provides a light filled area that can be used as a dining area, playroom, additional seating/living area.
Conservatories with glass roofs have also become a popular method of bringing additional light into your home, and with our Pilkington Activ™ self-cleaning glass range, maintenance of glass roofs has become easier. Pilkington Activ™ works in two steps:
- The coating reacts with natural daylight to break down and loosen organic dirt.
- When it rains, instead of forming droplets, the water spreads evenly over the surface of the glass, helping to wash away any dirt and reduce streaking.
Pilkington Optitherm™ S1 Plus is a high performance thermal insulation product ideal for use in areas where excessive heat loss is a concern, like conservatories.
Pilkington Suncool™ solar control glass and Pilkington Activ™ self-cleaning glass both reduce the amount of the sun's heat which is let into a building, helping you control your house's temperature throughout summer.
Combining thermal insulation, solar control, and self-cleaning glass in your conservatory will create a bright, low-maintenance area for your home that can be used year-round.
Click the product images below for individual products benefits, brochures, and datasheets.