Pilkington Activ™ Blue is an attractive blue glass that combines dual-action, self-cleaning properties with medium solar control performance helping to create a cooler internal environment which can be used all year round.
Pilkington Activ™ Bronze is an alternative option to the popular blue body tinted glass.
Glass from the Pilkington Activ™ Range can be used in a variety of commercial and residential applications, including doors, windows, roof-lights, glass facades, conservatories and orangeries. Its self-cleaning properties make it ideal for use in hard-to-reach places that are difficult to clean.
Over the past decade the increase in popularity of glass roofs in conservatories and orangeries has led to glass from the Pilkington Activ™ Range being the ideal solution to create an additional living area that can be utilised all year round. The unique colour helps to keep internal temperatures cooler whilst still maintaining excellent light transmittance, low light reflection and high energy absorption.
For optimum self-cleaning and thermal performance, Pilkington Activ™ Blue and Pilkington Activ™ Bronze can be combined with a glass from the Pilkington K Glass™ Range or Pilkington Optitherm™ Range in an Insulating Glass Unit.
How It Works
The unique dual-action self-cleaning coating is located on the external pane of glass.
The coating has revolutionay photo-catalytic and hydrophilic properties, and works in two stages:
Stage 1 - The coating reacts with natural daylight to break down and loosen organic dirt.
Stage 2 - When it rains, instead of forming droplets, the water spreads evenly over the surface of the glass, helping to wash away any dirt and reduce streaking.
- Self-cleaning properties reduce the need for manual cleaning, saving water and eliminating potentially harmful run-off from expensive detergents, also increasing personal safety
- Additional medium performance solar control properties, reducing solar heat entering the building, enhancing comfort and reducing the need for cooling the building
- Attractive blue or bronze body tinted glass, perfect for roof glazing, enhancing the view from inside to outside
- Good light transmission
- Low exterior reflection, improving aesthetics of the building
- Works even on cloudy days and during the night
- Highly durable pyrolytic on-line coating that lasts the lifetime of the glass
- Can be laminated, toughened, bent and enamelled using standard techniques
- Can be used in its monolithic form or incorporated into Insulating Glass Units (self-cleaning coating on surface #1), for instance with a glass from the Pilkington K Glass™ Range or Pilkington Optitherm™ Range to offer additional thermal insulation properties
- Pilkington Activ™ Blue is available in 4mm and 6 mm
- Pilkington Activ™ Bronze is available in 4mm
- Achieves Class A to EN1096 for coated glass
- Achieves ASTM C 1376 standard specification