Using the same technology as Pilkington Pyrostop®, Pilkington Pyrodur® is tried and tested against fire and hot gases.
Pilkington Pyrodur® is widely used and specified in a range of softwood and hardwood timber. Offering up to 60 mins integrity, Pilkington Pyrodur® can combine impact resistance (BS EN 12600) up to Class 1(B)1 and penetration resistance (BS EN 356) to classification P(1)A , which is a requirement in Approved Document Q and recommended in Secured by Design.
In the event of fire, Pilkington Pyrodur® turns opaque providing both the integrity requirements of a barrier to hot gases and flames. As such, Pilkington Pyrodur® complies with British, European and ISO test standards.
- Provides passive protection for escape from buildings or firefighter access
- Well known and recognised by Fire and Building Control Authorities
- Suitable for internal and external applications
- Can be used in some of the lightest density and slimmest timber frame profiles
- Also suitable for steel, aluminium and fire rated composite frames
- Achieves an integrity rating of at least 30 minutes and an insulation rating of 15 minutes
- Excellent sound reduction properties
- Fire performance not dependent on critical framing edge cover requirements
- Pilkington Pyrodur® is available through approved Stockists nationwide who have the technical expertise to help you specify the correct product and advise on installation
- Can be incorporated into sealed double glazed units but in order to comply with CE marking requirements these should only be sourced through attestation level 1 suppliers, who are accredited to or licensed for manufacture of Pilkington Pyrodur® fire-resistant sealed units
- There is no need for consideration of the fire direction when specifying Pilkington Pyrodur® fire-resistant sealed units
- P(1)A classification to BS EN 356