Pilkington energiKare™ is the name given to our range of double and triple glazing used to improve the thermal efficiency of homes. It reduces the amount of heat lost through your windows and can also allow more heat energy from the sun in through the glass. This so-called passive solar gain provides additional energy free of charge.
The format of the double glazing is exclusive to our own manufacturing operations and those of our franchised customers and is available in windows countrywide. When installed in good window frames of any material; uPVC, timber or Aluminium, it helps to achieve the requirements of the latest Government Building Regulations for the energy efficiency of homes using either the Window Energy Rating (WER) scheme or by having a very low U-value.
This WER scheme uses labels similar to those you will have seen on fridges and washing machines, coding on a scale from A+ to G with A+ currently being the most energy-efficient.
For more information on how windows can improve the energy efficiency of homes and help save money on heating bills visit our dedicated energy efficiency area.
Pilkington energiKare™ double glazing contains an optimised combination of glass, spacer bar and gas fill to achieve the best Window Energy Rating (WER) or U-value for each window application;
- A product from the Pilkington K Glass™ Range, the UK's most well known low-emissivity glass or one from the Pilkington Optitherm™ Range; these will stop heat escaping through the window
- Pilkington Optiwhite™ our low-iron, extra clear glass or Pilkington Optifloat™ Clear our standard float glass; these allow solar heat gain to help the home feel warmer without the need to turn up heating
- Filling the double glazed unit with argon gas or using air filling with a warm edge spacer bar further reduces heat escaping
- Improves the energy efficiency of your home
- Reduces the amount of energy you use
- Saves you money on your heating bills
- More effective than single glazing or standard double glazing
- Provides you with the quality and reassurance you would expect from a leading brand
- Manufactured to the highest European quality standards
- Available from window installers countrywide in a range of frame types