Pilkington K Glass™ S
Pilkington K Glass™ S is our latest high performance, low-emissivity soft coated product which offers excellent thermal insulation when incorporated within an Insulating Glass Unit (IGU).
It has a highly neutral appearance with optimal solar heat gain, thermal insulation and light transmission to provide the highest Window Energy Rating (WER) performance.
Pilkington K Glass™ S is a single stock, soft coated glass which can be used in annealed form or toughened, resulting in a product with the same thermal performance and neutral appearance. Once fabricated into an IGU, it can be used in windows in all types of glazing applications in new houses, conservatories and in replacement windows for existing homes.
- An alternative to the original hard coated Pilkington K Glass™
- When incorporated into a Pilkington energiKare™ double glazed unit, it can easily achieve up to and beyond A++ rated windows in all frame materials
- Helps windows exceed Building Regulations concerning energy efficiency in homes now and for the future changes expected
- Enables householders to reduce energy usage and save money on heating bills
- Environmentally friendly helping to achieve the Government’s targets for reducing CO2 emissions from homes
- Helps to reduce drafts near windows to create a more useful space in rooms
- Excellent light transmission which helps to reduce the need for artificial lighting
- Suitable for use in PVC-U, timber and aluminium profiles in both new and replacement windows
- Available in annealed form and can be toughened or laminated for use in areas which require safety glazing
- Edge-deletion is not required when using Pilkington approved secondary sealants in an IGU.