Tried, Tested & Trusted fire protection against heat, flames and hot gases. The Pilkington Pyrostop® Range is a clear, laminated fully insulating fire-protection and impact-resistant glass. Offering the highest levels of fire protection (integrity and insulation), maximising the available levels of natural light and visibility. Depending on the thickness, it provides impact protection up to Class 1 of BS EN 12600.
Pilkington Pyrostop® is the product to use wherever a complete, physically robust fire protection shield is desired in combination with the high quality through vision and high quality natural lighting typical of normal glazing. The thicker products within the range are based uniquely on Pilkington Optiwhite™ high light transmission glass.
In the event of fire Pilkington Pyrostop® turns opaque providing both the integrity requirements of a barrier to hot gases and flames, as well as very effective insulation from the heat of a blaze. As such, Pilkington Pyrostop® complies with the very precise temperature criteria defined in European test standards and ISO test standards.
- Provides passive protection for escape from buildings or firefighter access
- Protects against the spread of fire and helps to limit fire damage
- Opaque insulating interlayer blocks the view of the fire which minimises panic and acts as a guide for emergency services to indicate the presence of fire
- Suitable for all applications where full fire insulation together with protection against flame and hot gases is a requirement of the local building regulations
- Typical applications include partial or full size fire doors, partition glazing along escape routes, room compartmentation, roofs, floors and facade glazing
- Designed to be used in windows to prevent break out of fire and movement of fire along or up the outside face of the building or across re-entrant corners, as well as the prevention of fire transfer from one building to another
- Pilkington Pyrostop® is available through approved Stockists nationwide who have the technical expertise to help you specify the product you need and advise you on installation