Pilkington K Glass™ is the UK’s leading thermal glass brand. Established for over 21 years and easily stocked, processed and installed, it has become the trusted solution for meeting Building Regulations concerning energy efficiency.
Pilkington K Glass™ forms the inner pane of an energy-efficient double glazed unit, such as Pilkington energiKare™. The coating reflects heat back into the room whilst also letting in free heat from the sun, known as passive solar gain.
By using one of the low-emissivity products from the Pilkington K Glass™ range in your windows you can easily achieve a Window Energy Rating (WER) of band A; therefore exceeding the latest energy-saving Building Regulations.
As well as the original on-line (pyrolytic) coated glass, Pilkington K Glass™ is now available in three enhanced performance forms:
- Pilkington K Glass™ A; our latest development of the original Pilkington K Glass™ that achieves a WER A*
- Pilkington K Glass™ OW; the original coating on a low-iron, high clarity substrate for enhanced passive solar gain (free heat from the sun)
- Pilkington K Glass™ S; our highest performing off-line coated version with improved thermal insulation and passive solar gain for the ultimate in Window Energy Rating
* (Dependant on frame type)
- Improves energy efficiency of homes
- The ideal choice to reduce energy consumption
- Meets and exceeds the latest Building Regulations concerning energy efficiency for homes when combined in an Insulating Glass Unit with a suitable window frame
- Saves you money on heating bills as less energy is required to maintain a comfortable temperature
- Reduces unsightly internal condensation
- Allows you to extend the glazed area of a building without increasing heat loss
- Helps windows achieve the highest Window Energy Ratings (WER) possible