We’ve been taking huge strides, but the small steps we can all make are just as important on our sustainability journey. We have an opportunity to make a difference in everything we make, everything we do, every day.
Because we all have the power to makechange™.
Read on to find out how we plan to improve our impact on the environment and society to create a more sustainable future with our teams, partners and customers.
OUR KEY GOALS:
By applying a science-based approach, we can set the best pathway possible to makechange™.
We aim to achieve carbon neutrality by 2050. Together with the NSG Group we’ve already reduced waste to landfill by over 50%* and we’re committed to reducing absolute CO2(e) emissions by 30% for scope 1, 2 & 3 by 2030**.
Some ways in which we will achieve these:
- Switching to renewable energy and decreasing CO2 emissions in our manufacturing processes
- Increasing the use of recycled content in all manufacturing process (direct & in-direct materials)
- Supporting circularity by diverting over 20%*** more glass from landfill
- Implementing responsible sourcing activities within our supply chain with 95% acceptance****
- Promoting engagement activities within our local teams and communities
- Working with diverse global partners to make a positive impact on the environment and society.
**vs 2018 baseline
*** by end FY24 vs 2020
**** of the NSG Group supplier code of conduct by key suppliers
makechange™ starts in three core ways: