Pilkington Pyrodur® Plus is the longest established 7mm class 2(B)2 impact safety rated 30 minute fire rated glass.
Test evidence and certification demonstrate how Pilkington Pyrodur® Plus can be used in the lightest density and slimmest timber frame profiles.
Pilkington Pyrodur® Plus is approved with a variety of glazing materials that ensures it can be used without change to existing procedures for timber door and screen applications.
- Pilkington Pyrodur® Plus provides 30 minutes integrity and 15 minutes insulation with a class 2(B)2 (BS EN 12600) impact safety rating
- Clarity and options for decorative effects e.g. sandblasting or film application
- Offers a low cost, short term (15 minutes) insulation to give you options when considering your evacuation strategy in the event of a fire
- Can be used in some of the lightest density and slimmest timber frame profiles
- Also suitable for steel and fire rated composite frames
- Tested and approved in a wide range of fire-resistant glazing gaskets and sealants
- Can be incorporated into sealed double glazed units but in order to comply with CE marking requirements these should only be sourced through attestation level 1 suppliers, who are accredited to or licensed for manufacture of Pilkington Pyrodur® Plus fire-resistant sealed units
- There is no need for consideration of the fire direction when specifying Pilkington Pyrodur® Plus fire-resistant sealed units
- Available from your local expert stockist with a full geographical coverage of the UK and Ireland
is the easy way to select the correct Pilkington glass for your fire-resistant application.
Click here to launch Pilkington Specifire
(requires Macromedia Flash player).
- Pilkington Pyrodur® Plus achieves European standard EN 12600: 2002 Classification 2(B)2 (ref TNO Report No. DMP-RPT-04-0187)
- Classification 2(B)2 indicates that Pilkington Pyrodur® Plus behaves as a laminated glass under impact
- Pilkington Pyrodur® Plus has a nominal thickness of 7mm
Handling and Usage
Pilkington Pyrodur® Plus is available in cut sizes through our extensive nationwide distribution network. It comes with distinctive silver tape on all edges, for edge protection and ease of handling. This tape should not be removed.
Cut sizes of Pilkington Pyrodur® Plus can be handled easily with attention to basic requirements applicable to fire-resistant glass.
As with any of the Pilkington Pyrodur® and Pilkington Pyrostop® range when Pilkington Pyrodur® Plus is incorporated into a sealed double glazed unit, in order to comply with CE marking requirements these should only be sourced through attestation level 1 suppliers who are accredited to or licensed for manufacture of Pilkington Pyrodur® Plus fire-resistant sealed units
Handling and glazing guidelines for the Pilkington Pyrostop® and Pilkington Pyrodur® Range are available on request.