Pilkington AviSafe™ is an innovative glass solution, developed to greatly reduce the number of bird collisions with glass. The unique patterned UV enhanced coating disrupts the reflection on the glass, so the bird can see a barrier.
The reflection of vegetation, the sky, and other buildings are deceptive and can result in bird collisions. Birds in flight are unable to use visual signals such as window frames to distinguish the location of the glass, as a human would.
Unlike humans, birds can see light in the ultraviolet spectrum. Therefore, the coating on Pilkington AviSafe™ makes the glass more visible to birds while remaining aesthetically appealing on the exterior surface. From the inside however, it’s barely visible to the human eye, unlike other solutions.
When installed in an Insulating Glass Unit (IGU), the coating is located on surface #1, the external face of the outer pane. This enables the product to be as effective as possible at disrupting the reflection so the bird can only see a barrier.
offers following benefits:
- Will greatly reduce the number of bird collisions with glass
- Passes the WIN test, a measure of bird impacts from reflection
- Maintains high transparency
- Aesthetically appealing externally
- Internally it’s barely visible to the human eye, unlike other solutions
- Available in 4 – 10 mm thickness. 12 mm available on special request.
- Available in the following sizes:
- In Europe sizes up to 6000 mm × 3210 mm
- Outside Europe up to 5100 mm × 3210 mm
- Highly durable surface #1 coating
- Pilkington AviSafe™ can be used annealed or toughened
- Can be combined with many other Pilkington glass products for additional benefits, for example thermal insulation, solar control, safety & security, and noise control.