Pilkington Pyroclear® is an advanced toughened fire-resistant glass for use as a basic integrity-only barrier. It is based on a new technology development which we’ve been perfecting and crafting for several years, built on an in-depth understanding of the behaviour of glass in fire, including new knowledge of the detail that influences the probability of glass failure.
Pilkington Pyroclear® is manufactured to high quality control standards, combining the best available expertise in both automotive and architectural premium glass processing. It is based on NSG proprietary technology combined with new R&D insights on the factors that affect the probability of premature failure of advanced toughened glass in fire (long acknowledged as a weakness of this type) and our proprietary accumulated technical experience on glass and glazing systems for integrity fire resistance from years of extensive fire testing and experience in fire safety.
Specify Pilkington Pyroclear® on NBS Chorus
Recent developments include:
Pilkington Pyroclear® Line - enabling Pilkington Pyroclear® to be specified as a butt jointed system, ideally suited for internal glass partitions for 30 and 60 minutes.
Pilkington Pyroclear® Plus - is either combined into an insulating glass unit or into a monolithic laminated glass that achieves an EW60 performance for internal, external screens, external facades and inclined applications - which means that there will be a reduced heat radiation for 60 minutes and in some configurations a 15 minute insulation value can be achieved.
Specify Pilkington Pyroclear® Plus on NBS Chorus
Below is a guide to help you choose the right fire-resistant glass from our range for your application. Also shown below are our fire test summaries with details of some of the many tests carried out on Pilkington Pyroclear® to date. For the latest information and guidance on test evidence and glazing design please contact us.
- Pilkington Pyroclear® is an integrity only product for 30 and 60 minutes, (E30 and E60) to BS EN 13501-02
- Integrity with reduced heat radiation (EW60) is achieved by using Pilkington Pyroclear® Plus in an insulating glass unit (IGU) or a monolithic laminated glass
- Unique product design and system description, manufacturing process and quality assurance system
- Recognised to have a superior visual quality due to special processing, high quality toughening and high quality process control
- Has achieved a target of more than 50 consecutive successful fire tests in timber framed systems
- Designed for compatible edge cover of up to 20 mm for metal frames and 15 mm for timber (NB. Typical value for modified toughened is commonly given as 10 mm maximum to minimise the risks of unpredictable failure)
- Exploits our developed proprietary R&D knowledge and expertise on glazing systems in timber frames (system design, materials, glazing arrangements)
- Large pane size capability in metal systems (1.970 m x 4.0 m)
- Pilkington Pyroclear® has been tested with a variety of glazing seals including a foam tape option for use in timber doors and screens
- Produced at our premier architectural glass processing site in the UK to the highest of quality control standards
- Pilkington Pyroclear® Line allows large pane butt jointed systems to be specified for 30 and 60 minute internal applications