Pilkington SuperGrey™ and Pilkington Dark Grey™
and Pilkington Dark Grey™
are low-reflective body-tinted glasses which offer dramatic, deep cool grey appearance, increasing visual privacy and dramatically reducing read-through from interior shading devices.
- Pilkington SuperGrey™ combines stunning exterior aesthetics and unsurpassed interior glare control with the best solar control performance of any tinted float glass in the industry.
- In a different shade of grey, Pilkington Dark Grey™ offers higher light transmission whilst providing solar control performance.
Both products soften bright daylight and reduce glare, making them perfect for applications near computers and video display screens.
Pilkington SuperGrey™ and Pilkington Dark Grey™ are ideal where architectural designs or restrictions prohibit structures with high reflectance. Common applications include low, mid and hi-rise buildings, such as hospitals, educational institutions, offices and retail skylight applications.
Where a safety glass is required, they can be specified as toughened or laminated glass.
To achieve additional thermal insulation, the products have to be combined in an insulating glass unit with a low-emissivity glass.
Pilkington SuperGrey™ and Pilkington Dark Grey™ offer wide range of benefits:
- uncoated glasses which provide the performance of reflective glass,
- enhanced visual privacy and reduced read-through from interior shading devices,
- Pilkington SuperGrey™ is the best solar control of any uncoated glass, providing the lowest shading coefficient of any float glass and a better shading coefficient than many reflective glasses,
- unsurpassed light and glare control, improving visual privacy and reducing the need for blinds or shades,
- distinctive aesthetics inside and outside, offering a deep, cool grey tint from the exterior, whilst providing a remarkably crisp, comfortable view from the interior as they offer a neutral colour from the inside,
- uniform, no read-through look between spandrel and vision glass areas eliminating the need for an opacifier in the spandrel glass,
- Pilkington SuperGrey™ offers low UV transmittance, significantly outperforming other tinted and coated glass products (in 6 mm it blocks 99% of the sun’s damaging UV rays),
- additional thermal insulation performance when combined in an insulating glass unit with a low-emissivity glass,
- can be laminated, toughened, bent and enamelled using standard techniques,
- can be used in monolithic form or incorporated in insulating glass units,
- available in 5 mm and 6 mm thicknesses.