Pilkington Insulight™ Therm are double glazed insulating glass units incorporating Pilkington Optifloat™ Clear glass and low emissivity glass products from Pilkington K Glass™ or Pilkington Optitherm™ range.
These insulating glass units are characterized by enhanced heat insulation, increased comfort and a reduction in condensation. They are applied wherever there is a requirement for reduced energy use and limitation of heat loss, and are equally suitable for apartments and single family houses, as well as in curtain walls and façades of commercial and public utility buildings.
Pilkington Insulight™ Therm units with Pilkington Optitherm™ S3 - our neutral low emissivity glass - are characterized by high light transmittance, low reflection and a low Ug value of 1.1 W/m2K. For applications requiring a Ug value of 1.0 W/m2K, NSG Group offers Pilkington Optitherm™ S1A glass. This product simultaneously offers excellent light transmittance and colour neutrality.
The Ug value is the measure of thermal insulation. It is expressed in W/m2K and defines the amount of heat loss in watts per one square metre of glazing separating the external environment from the internal, at the temperature difference between both sides of the unit amounting to one degree. The lower the Ug value, the higher the level of thermal insulation.
The Pilkington Insulight™ Therm Range represent Insulating Glass Units (IGUs) manufactured by ourselves and incorporating a product from our range of thermally insulating glass products.
Our energy-saving glass units meet the very latest Building Regulations and will help keep homes and offices warmer with lower fuel bills.
Pilkington Insulight™ Therm insulating glass units offer wide range of benefits:
- reduction of heat loss, and therefore reduced heating bills,
- reduction of cold areas and “cold draughts” emanating from windows, thereby improving comfort in rooms and increasing the usable floor area,
- higher temperatures of internal panes and so reduced condensation,
- reduced condensation at the edges by using warmEdge spacers,
- high light transmittance,
- allow bigger windows surface area in buildings due to a low Ug value as compared with traditional glazing,
- can be used in apartments, single family houses, conservatories, facades and curtain walls,
- offering design freedom and flexibility, commercial applications include healthcare, education, retail and transport,
- our own branded technically advanced dual-sealed unit developed based on our long experience in the industry,
- fully compliant with European standard EN 1279 having survived severe life testing trials,
- covered by our 5 year warranty as standard,
- wide range of sizes and thicknesses.