Pilkington K Glass™ N
Pilkington K Glass™ N is the original hard coated, pyrolytic low-emissivity coated glass which became the most well-known and trusted brand by householders. Established for over 21 years and easily stocked, processed and installed, it has become the reliable solution for meeting Building Regulations concerning energy efficiency.
Pilkington K Glass™ N forms the inner pane of an energy-efficient IGU, such as Pilkington Insulight™ Therm. The coating reflects heat back into the room. It is also characterised by high solar heat gain, which means that as well as retaining heating warmth in a room, it allows high level of solar energy to enter, for warmer and brighter interiors in sunny spells, and reduced heating and lighting costs.
Extremely versatile, it is recommended for new buildings and renovations/modernisations where high solar heat gain is beneficial.
Pilkington K Glass™ N offers following benefits:
- improved energy efficiency compared to clear float glass (Ug-value of 1.5 W/m²K),
- high solar heat gain decreasing further the need for heating and lighting,
- helps save money on heating bills through energy saving,
- suitable for use in uPVC, timber and aluminium profiles – both in new and replacement glass windows,
- highly durable coated glass easy to handle and proces,
- can be toughened, laminated, bent, enamelled and glazed in the same way as float glass,
- can be used in monolithic form or incorporated into Insulating Glass Units,
- readily available from stock without the shelf life limitations of soft coat products,
- benefits from the reputation, heritage and consumer awareness of the Pilkington brand.
Pilkington K Glass™ N on Surface 4