Pilkington Optifloat™ Tint is a range of uncoated body-tinted solar control glasses, with low light reflection and high energy absorption.
The glasses come in different colours: Green, Blue-Green, Bronze and Grey.
The products are particularly suitable for applications that demand solar control without the use of surface coating, for residential or commercial applications. To achieve thermal insulation, the products have to be combined with a low-emissivity glass in an insulating glass unit.
Pilkington Optifloat™ Tint can be used for visual appeal, to reduce glare or where a degree of solar control performance is required. It may be used for exterior and interior applications.
The range of thicknesses available enable glass to be used where superior strength, greater spans, reduced deflection, higher daylight transmission and enhanced noise suppression are required.
Pilkington Optifloat™ Tint can be toughened or laminated or used in Insulating Glass Units.
Pilkington Optifloat™ Tint offers numerous benefits:
- solar control performance, reducing the need for air-conditioning,
- solar control performance and colour density vary with the thickness,
- available in a choice of colours (Green, Blue-Green, Bronze and Grey), offering flexibility for original and innovative architectural design even where low reflection is required,
- subdued colour range, complementing other building materials and natural surroundings,
- low to high light transmission when compared with other solar control glasses,
- low internal and external reflection, reducing uncomfortable glare from the sun, and offering improved privacy compared to clear glass,
- can reduce UV radiation,
- can offer additional thermal insulation performance when combined in an insulating glass unit with a low-emissivity glass,
- can be laminated, toughened, bent and enamelled using standard techniques,
- can be used in monolithic form or incorporated in insulating glass units,
- available in a wide range of sizes from 3 mm to 10 mm thicknesses (depending on the colour).