Pilkington Optifloat™ Opal offers all the diffused natural light of a translucent glass, but with none of the drawbacks. An acid-etched product suitable for internal or external use, it creates an attractive finish for windows, partition walls, glass doors, furniture, shelving, wall cladding and many more applications.
It can be stored and processed in the same way as standard float glass, is readily available from stock in a range of thicknesses and can be easily toughened, laminated or brilliant cut – making Pilkington Optifloat™ Opal the ideal choice.
- high light transmittance,
- diffuses light to give a uniform natural look,
- ‘Velvet smooth’ and durable surface,
- can be used internally and externally,
- etched surface has low reflection.
For building occupiers:
- high value in appearance,
- creates excellent privacy whilst allowing light in,
- natural light diffusion.
- available from stock,
- can be stored and processed as ordinary float glass,
- easily toughened, laminated and brilliant cut,
- readily available in 4 mm and 6 mm,
- standard stock size 3210 x 2250 mm.