Pilkington Spandrel Glass is a range of safety glass mostly used in non-vision area of the facade.
Spandrel glass is normally an opaque panel located between areas of vision glass used to cover construction elements in non-vision areas, such as hung ceilings or the edges of floor slabs. Pilkington Spandrel Glass offers a number of options for use with curtain wall applications that allow the entire building exterior to be fully glazed.
- Pilkington Spandrel Glass Enamelled,
- Pilkington Spandrel Glass Silicone,
- Pilkington Spandrel Glass Coated and,
- Pilkington Spandrel Glass Laminated.
Pilkington Spandrel Glass offers following benefits:
- provides uniform curtain wall appearance, and total concealment of internal structure or services,
- insulation options to meet most performance requirements,
- no discolouration by internal condensation or deposit of volatiles,
- meets the requirements for toughened safety glass,
- resists corrosion and chemical attack,
- easy to install with minimal maintenance,
- available in a wide range of colours, sizes and thicknesses.