Pilkington Microwhite™ is an ultra-thin extra clear float glass made to exacting standards, suitable for a variety of applications.
Pilkington Microwhite™ is a high-grade float glass made to precise standards. Its excellent plane and low tolerances of thickness make it ideal for a wide range of uses, primarily microscope slides but also cosmetic mirrors, chromatographic plates, photomasks, automotive and technical glass, dependent on its thickness.
Pilkington Microwhite™ has traditionally been used for the production of microscope slides, cosmetic mirrors, chromatographic plates, LCD photo masks, automotive and technical glass, PC display screens and tablet PCs.
0.95-1.05 mm (microscope slides), 1.0-1.2 mm (microscope slides,cosmetic mirrors), 1.2-1.4 mm (chromatographic plates, cosmetic mirrors, technical glass) and 1.5-1.7 mm (photomasks, automotive, technical glass).
Pilkington Microwhite™ offers following benefits:
- high-grade thin float glass with very low thickness tolerances,
- flat and uniform products,
- excellent optical transmission,
- netral edge colour,
- superior light and energy transmission,
- free of fluorescent reflections,
- resistant to chemicals,
- extended shelf life,
- improved wetability through a silane coating (optional),
- pre-cut to customer specifications.