The Pilkington Optimirror™ Range is a collection of high specification mirrors that incorporate excellent protection of the reflective silver layer, without the need for the copper and lead used in the conventional process.
In addition to being environmentally friendly to manufacture, the Pilkington Optimirror™ Range offers far greater resistance to natural atmospheric corrosion – thus reducing the unsightly problems of black edges and spot faults.
Pilkington Optimirror™ OW
Pilkington Optimirror™ OW is our newest addition to the Pilkington Optimirror™ Range. Pilkington Optimirror™ OW is a high specification mirror manufactured on a low-iron substrate to give a more brilliant and clearer appearance.
Like Pilkington Optimirror™, Pilkington Optimirror™ OW is manufactured to a superior quality standard and offers 94% light reflection on 4 mm thickness. Due to its environmentally-friendly copper and lead-free characteristics, both products are able to be utilised across a wide variety of buildings and applications including walls, partitions, doors, displays, ceilings, cupboards, wardrobes and other furniture.
Pilkington Optimirror™ Protect
Pilkington Optimirror™ is also available with the addition of a special safety film backing (Pilkington Optimirror™ Protect) to protect against possible injury resulting from breakage. Pilkington Optimirror™ Protect makes it the ideal choice for applications anywhere in the home where there is a greater risk of accidental damage e.g. doors, wardrobes and children's rooms.
Pilkington Optimirror™ offers following benefits:
- superior light reflection of 94% on 4 mm thickness,
- Pilkington Optimirror™ OW on Pilkington Optiwhite™ substrate offers superb reflection and clarity,
- completely lead-free top coat and <0.15% lead in the wet basecoat,
- excellent resistance to natural atmospheric corrosio,n
- higher corrosion resistance and improved protection to chemical attack from cleaners and certain adhesives than conventional copper mirrors,
- environmentally friendly manufacturing process produces less waste and ensures easier onward recycling,
- manufactured to European standard EN 1036 - easily surpasses the durability and site acceptance tests in the product standard,
- available in a range of sizes in thickness (3, 4 and 6 mm),
- easy to handle, install and proces,
- also available on a bronze tinted substrate as Pilkington Optimirror™ Bronze.
Additional benefits of Pilkington Optimirror™ Protect:
- incorporates a special safety film for added impact safety,
- available in 4 mm and 6 mm thicknesses,
- achieves impact performance EN 12600 2(B)2.