Over time, glass exposed to water, heat and humidity can corrode, reducing its natural transparency and aesthetics.
Pilkington OptiShower™ is a durable, on-line coated clear float glass designed to prevent surface corrosion when exposed to water, moisture and humid environments.
Pilkington OptiShower™ can be further treated for additional functionality by shower cubicle/enclosure manufacturers to help make the water slide off the glass faster making it easier to clean and giving better protection. By preventing oxidation of the glass, Pilkington OptiShower™ allows these subsequent treatments to adhere better to the glass and increase their durability.
If the subsequent water repellent treatments deteriorate over time, Pilkington OptiShower™ still guarantees its performance to prevent the glass from corrosion.
The ideal glass for transparent and clean showers over time
Pilkington OptiShower™ is the ideal glass solution for use in humid environments.
It offers a modern and easy-to-clean shower solution. For standard glass cleaning, we recommend using a soft cloth, water and a neutral detergent. Avoid aggressive products that could damage the coating thus compromising the glass transparency.
The product is also available in extra clear version Pilkington OptiShower™ OW (coating on low-iron extra clear Pilkington Optiwhite™ substrate).
Aging tests at high temperatures and humidity demonstrate that Pilkington OptiShower™ limits the corrosive process and limescale deposits compared to untreated glass.
Watch the video to find out more
Pilkington OptiShower™ offers following benefits:
- Durable, on-line coated clear float glass that provides a protective barrier to reduce corrosion and facilitate ease of cleaning the glass surface.
- Thanks to its high abrasion resistance, the durable pyrolytic coating does not deteriorate during the lifetime of the shower enclosure and retains its properties over time.
- Easy to process using standard techniques. It can be toughened, curved, laminated and also screen printed on the coated side.
- Suitable for further additional treatments to improve limescale protection and aid cleaning.
- Available in an acid-etched version, Pilkington OptiShower™ Opal, which offers an elegant design solution for greater privacy.
- Available in extra clear version Pilkington OptiShower™ OW (coating on low-iron extra clear Pilkington Optiwhite™ substrate).
Thanks to the special durable pyrolytic coating, Pilkington OptiShower™ allows easier cleaning by reducing the corrosive processes of glass.
- Shower cubicles, shower enclosures and wall coverings around the bath.
- Pilkington OptiShower™ can also be used in other applications such as maritime and naval industries thanks to its high corrosion resistance over time.
- EN 14428 (Shower walls - Functional requirements and test methods)
- EN 1096-2 (Class A - Building Glass - Coated Glass)