Pilkington Pyrodur® is a clear laminated fire-resistant and safety glass (in thickness from 9 mm) designed to provide basic integrity fire protection, but also offering limitation of radiant heat transfer. It relies on the same generic technology as Pilkington Pyrostop® comprising fewer interlayers.
Suitable for internal and external applications where fire-resistant glasses are required to provide integrity and a prescribed level of insulation up to class EW 60. Pilkington Pyrodur® is available in single and double glazed form, for use with steel, aluminium, softwood and hardwood timber frames.
It can be combined with functional glasses to produce a wide range of products for numerous applications.
Pilkington Pyrodur® is particularly suited for use in doors, screens and partitions where lightweight, narrow profiles are important and ease of glazing is a priority. Further applications include insulating glass units in façades and roof glazing (special compositions for inclined applications).
- Provides proven integrity for up to 60 minutes when used in a suitable, tested glazing system, restricting the spread of flames, smoke and hot gases
- It relies on the same generic technology as Pilkington Pyrostop® comprising thinner and fewer interlayers
- Special clear intumescent interlayers, reacting to form a rigid, opaque, visual barrier to flames, helping to reduce panic and fear during evacuation of the building
- Added benefit of reducing the transmission of conductive and radiant heat from the fire
- Totally clear, unobstructed vision
- Provides effective noise control
- Can provide impact safety performance, dependent upon thickness
- Can be combined with other functional glasses for greater flexibility in applications
- Available in different thicknesses and compositions for internal or external applications
- Available in monolithic or insulating glass unit form.