Pilkington Insulight™ Phon is the name for Pilkington's own Insulating Glass Unit (IGU) offering enhanced noise control.
Pilkington Insulight™ Phon is a proven and tested solution to the problem of noise control.
The enhanced sound insulation of Pilkington Insulight™ Phon insulating glass units is made possible through the use of:
- panes of varied thickness – a 30 percent difference in thickness is recommended, e.g. 6 mm and 10 mm,
- Pilkington Optilam™ laminated glass, which is produced by combining two or more glass sheets with one or more PVB interlayers,
- Pilkington Optiphon™ glass – laminated, sound absorbing glass with high acoustic insulation, which uses special foil to yield excellent noise attenuation parameters.
Pilkington Insulight™ Phon is ideal for use in inner city areas where noise is a particular problem.
Pilkington Insulight™ Phon offers following benefits:
- extensive glass range to meet all environmental performance requirements,
- double and triple glazing solutions,
- high levels of noise attenuation coefficients,
- a wide range of acoustic parameters,
- suitable for internal and external applications,
- can be combined with other products in the Pilkington range to achieve other benefits.