Pilkington Activ™ Blue - overview
Pilkington Activ™ Blue is an on-line coated body-tinted, self-cleaning and medium performance solar control glass, in an attractive blue colour. Its surface #1 self-cleaning coating has photo-catalytic and hydrophilic properties. The unique blue colour helps to keep internal temperatures cool whilst still maintaining excellent light transmittance, low light reflection and high energy absorption. Pilkington Activ™ Blue offers medium solar control performance helping to create a cooler internal environment which can be used all year round.
Pilkington Activ™ Blue can be used in a variety of commercial and residential applications, including doors, windows, roof-lights and glass facades. Specially designed for the optimum roof unit, Pilkington Activ™ Blue is perfect for use in conservatories and winter gardens. Its self-cleaning properties make it ideal for use in hard-to-reach places that are difficult to clean.
Pilkington Activ™ Blue offers following benefits:
- self-cleaning properties reduce the need for manual cleaning, saving water and eliminating potentially harmful run-off from expensive detergents, also increasing personal safety,
- additional medium performance solar control properties, reducing solar heat entering the building, enhancing comfort and reducing the need for cooling the building,
- attractive blue or bronze body tinted glass, perfect for roof glazing, enhancing the view from inside to outside,
- good light transmission,
- low exterior reflection, improving aesthetics of the building,
- works even on cloudy days and during the night,
- highly durable pyrolytic on-line coating that lasts the lifetime of the glass,
- can be laminated, toughened, bent and enamelled using standard techniques,
- can be used in its monolithic form or incorporated in insulating glass units (coating on surface #1), for instance with Pilkington K Glass™, Pilkington Energy Advantage™ or Pilkington Optitherm™ range to offer additional thermal insulation properties,
- Pilkington Activ™ Blue is available in 4 and 6 mm,
- achieves Class A to EN1096 for coated glass,
- achieves ASTM C 1376 standard specification.