Pilkington Solar-E™ is a range of good solar control performance on-line coated glasses offering low solar heat coefficient gain, low reflectivity, reduced glare and low-emissivity.
The products are available in a range of colours – Clear, Blue-Green, EverGreen, Grey and Arctic Blue.
Pilkington Solar-E™ products can be used in single glazing applications provided that the coating faces the interior of the building. They provide attractive solutions to various applications where good light transmittance with enhanced solar control performance is required.
Thanks to their low exterior light reflectance the products are widely used for modern glass façades where high reflectance is prohibited or undesirable. Where a safety glass is required,the products can be specified as toughened or laminated glass.
It is well-suited to both commercial facades and residential applications where high reflectance is prohibited or undesirable, a neutral aesthetic is preferred and energy efficiency in both summer and winter is required at a reasonable price.
Pilkington Solar-E™ range offers wide range of benefits:
- good solar control performance with low-emissivity, reducing the need for heating and cooling the building,
- medium light transmittance and low light reflectance for undistorted, natural views,
- available in a range of colours (Clear, Blue-Green, EverGreen, Grey, Arctic Blue),
- further improved thermal insulation performance when combined in an insulating glass unit with a low-emissivity glass,
- durable on-line coating makes the product easy to handle and proces,
- can be laminated, toughened, bent and enamelled using standard techniques,
- no edge deletion is required,
- can be used in monolithic form or incorporated in insulating glass units,
- colour stability whether toughened or annealed,
- achieves Class B to EN 1096 for coated glass,
- achieves ASTM C 1376 standard specification,
- available in sizes up to 5180 x 3300 mm in 6 mm and in 8 mm thicknesses.