Pilkington Suncool™ OW range comprises the full Pilkington Suncool™ range of coatings placed on extra-clear glass substrate Pilkington Optiwhite™ (the glass with low iron content).
This product range offers higher light transmission and lower solar heat absorption than the standard Pilkington Suncool™ range made on clear float glass substrate, therefore reducing the risk of thermal breakage.
In addition Pilkington Suncool™ OW products are very neutral, even when very thick, with a color rendering unachievable a few years ago.
Pilkington Suncool™ OW is the ideal choice for residential dwellings, large showroom windows, shop windows, and everywhere where a neutral appearance, high color rendering, more natural light, solar control and thermal insulation are required.
Pilkington Suncool™ OW range offers wide range of benefits:
- high light transmission,
- lower solar heat absorption compared to the glass coated on standard clear float glass, therefore it reduce the risk of thermal breakage,
- perfectly neutral glass, even in thicker substrates,
- excellent color rendering,
- high solar control performance with various indices of light transmission and reflection,
- very good thermal insulation properties (down to 1.0 W/m²K in argon filled double glazed unit),
- wide range of product appearance and performance choices for greater design freedom,
- harmonising spandrel panels available, allowing freedom in design of complete glass façades,
- Pilkington Suncool™ can be supplied in toughened, toughenable and laminated forms,
- the product must be assembled in insulating glass units with solar control coating on surface # 2,
- can be enhanced when combined with other Pilkington products to provide additional benefits such as self-cleaning, noise control, safety or security properties,
- available in various thicknesses.