Pilkington Optilam™ I Translucent White is a laminated glass incorporating a matt milky/white translucent interlayer. It maintains light penetration but provide privacy. It is designed to scatter light or appear translucent.
Pilkington Optilam™ is produced by combining two or more sheets of glass with polyvinylbutyral (PVB) interlayers. It is this lamination that enables it to offer impact protection and safety. By varying the number of layers and thickness of the glass, it can offer many benefits and be used in various applications.
Pilkington Optilam™ I Translucent White is often used in internal partitions.
Pilkington Optilam™ I Translucent White offers following benefits:
- provides privacy,
- diffuses light to give a uniform natural look,
- remains intact or breaks safely on impact to reduce the risk of serious injury,
- resists attack for longer as it remains bonded to the interlayer – specialist high performance security glass also available,
- can be used in Insulating Glass Units, for different combinations of benefits,
- up to Class 1(B)1 to EN 12600: 2002,
- reduced colour fading.