Improves the thermal efficiency of buildings, enabling the architect to specify extensive use of glass.
Energy saving is becoming increasingly important and is one of the most intensely debated topics of our time. New Pilkington Optitherm™ S1 excels within this field by means of an optimised low-emissivity coating. The coating provides an incredibly low Ug-value of 1.0 within a double glazed unit, thereby contributing significantly to energy savings. Carbon Dioxide (CO2) output is significantly reduced, helping to protect the environment, whilst the significant energy savings it offers help to reduce heating costs.
- Ug-value of 1.0 in a double glazed unit, in accordance with EN standards;
- Ug-value of 0.6 in a triple glazed unit, in accordance with EN standards
- Energy-efficient way to reduce heating bills and environmental impact through reduced CO2 emissions;
- Excellent viewing transparency with high light transmittance and low total solar heat transmittance (within a 6/16/6 IGU construction) enhances internal living environment;
- Available in a range of different sizes and thicknesses for various applications;
- Available in combination with Pilkington Optilam™ and Pilkington Optiphon™ for impact resistance, increased security or improved noise reduction.
For further information on Pilkington Opitherm™ our low-emissivity range click here.