The Financial Plus Credit Union in Ottawa, Illinois and our manufacturing plant there have a long history in the community.
The credit union was founded in May of 1951 by Charles Munks, President of Local Union 19, Federation of Glass, Ceramic, and Steel Workers of North America. The Credit Union originally served union employees of Libbey Owens Ford Glass Company and was named Glass Workers Credit Union. It operated in a small area in the Local 19 office building. Over the years, the charter was changed to a community charter, and Glass Workers Credit Union was renamed Financial Plus Credit Union in 1988.
The building features approximately 10,000sf of Pilkington Solar E™ and 10,000sf of Pilkington Energy Advantage™. Pilkington Solar-E™ offers natural daylight transmittance and energy conservation. Pilkington Energy Advantage™ is one of the clearest and the most durable low-e technologies available today. With a scratch resistant surface, superior thermal performance, and high solar heat gain, it is an energy saving solution.
St. Charles, Illinois