Pilkington Activ™ Clear - overview
Pilkington Activ™ Clear is an on-line coated self-cleaning glass with photo-catalytic and hydrophilic properties.
Pilkington Activ™ Clear is the perfect choice for situations where cleaning is difficult or costly, such as high-rise buildings, glass roof structures, conservatories and atria, or in housing for use by elderly residents. It is also ideal where good visibility is important, for example, in sports stadiums, commentary boxes, airports and external walkways.
- Self-cleaning properties reduce the need for manual cleaning, saving water and eliminating potentially harmful run-off from expensive detergents, also increasing personal safety.
- Works even on cloudy days and during the night.
- Highly durable pyrolytic on-line coating that lasts the lifetime of the glass.
- Can be laminated, tempered, bent and enamelled using standard techniques.
- Can be used in its monolithic form or incorporated in insulating glass units (coating on surface #1), for instance with Pilkington Energy Advantage™ to offer additional thermal insulation properties.
- Pilkington Optiphon™ for improved noise reduction for additional thermal insulation properties.
- Available in a range of different sizes and thicknesses (2.5, 3, 4, 5 and 6 mm).
- Achieves Class A to EN 1096 for coated glass.
- Achieves ASTM C 1376 standard specification.