Pilkington in North America
Pilkington North America manufactures and markets glass and glazing products for the architectural and automotive markets.
Float glass operations
Pilkington North America operates five float glass lines: Rossford, Ohio (2); Laurinburg, North Carolina (2); and Ottawa, Illinois (1). In addition, NSG Glass North America operates a float glass line in Luckey, Ohio.
Automotive Original Equipment operations
The automotive fabrication operations in North America consist of the following plants:
- Collingwood, Ontario, Canada – production of laminated glass
- Shelbyville, Indiana – production of toughened glass
- Versailles, Kentucky – production of both laminated and toughened glass
- Mexicali, Mexico - production of laminated glass
- Niles, Michigan, Shelbyville, Indiana and Whitby, Ontario - value added application of automotive glass products, e.g., lace assembly, primer applications, soldering, encapsulation and hardware application
- Rossford, Ohio - float glass for the Automotive market and OE Advanced Assembly - production of specialty transport glass
- Lexington, Kentucky - automotive US satellite operation
The North American Development Center for the Automotive and Architectural businesses is located in Northwood, Ohio.
The Architectural Glass main office and the legal, ethics and compliance, information systems, and human resources departments are located in Toledo, Ohio.
Automotive Aftermarket operations
The North American aftermarket operations supply laminated and tempered glass for the automotive glass replacement market. Products are shipped from its distribution centers in Columbus, Ohio and Phoenix, Arizona to external retailers and wholesale customers and its network of company-owned wholesale service centers throughout the US. The business also has aftermarket operations located throughout Mexico.
The business also sells a complete solution for precise auto glass camera calibration. The Opti-Aim™ calibration tool can be used for managing complex installations that demand precise, camera-ready accuracy for all makes and models. In addition, The Calibration People™ service locations provide customers with a convenient option for static, dynamic and dual calibrations. This service is the next step in ensuring every customer has access to a calibration solution that fits their business and keeps drivers safe.