Pilkington Energy Advantage™
Pilkington Energy Advantage™ is a pyrolitically on-line coated low-emissivity glass. It offers substantial improvement on thermal insulation when compared to clear float glass.
It is also characterized by high solar heat gain, which means that as well as retaining heating warmth in a room, it allows high level of solar energy to enter, for warmer and brighter interiors, and reduced heating and lighting costs.
Extremely versatile, it is recommended for new construction and renovations of commercial buildings and residences where high solar heat gain is beneficial.
- Residential buildings requiring thermal insulation
- Low and mid-rise housing
- Low-E 4th Surface Technology to meet energy code requirements and achieve R5 insulating performance
Low-E 4th Surface Technology
Low-E 4th Surface Technology is a revolutionary way to obtain energy-efficient glazing and indoor comfort by significantly improving thermal performance. With low-e coatings applied to the #2 and the #4 surfaces of an insulating glazing unit, you can reduce the center-of-glass U-Factor by 21%, compared to a unit with a pyrolytic low-e and a clear lite.
Low-e 4th Surface Technology allows double-glazed insulating glass units to achieve 12% better thermal performance than clear glass triple-pane units.
How does it work?
In cold weather conditions, the coating on the #2 surface reduces room heat (or infrared heat) from transferring across the airspace, toward the outside. By adding a second low-e coating to the #4 surface the thermal insulation is further improved.
A low-e coating on the #4 surface reflects room heat, back inside during cold weather conditions. This reduces the radiant heat loss and improves the overall insulation of the insulating glazing unit.
Pilkington Energy Advantage™ offers following benefits:
- Improved energy efficiency compared to clear float glass,
- High solar heat gain decreasing further the need for heating and lighting,
- Highly durable coated glass easy to handle and proces,
- Can be laminated, toughened, bent and enamelled using standard techniques,
- Can be used in monolithic form or incorporated into Insulating Glass Units,
- Available in a wide range of sizes and thicknesses.