Pilkington Optitherm™ S1
Energy saving is becoming increasingly important and is one of the most intensely debated topics of our time. Pilkington Optitherm™ S1 excels within this field by means of an optimised low-emissivity coating. The coating provides an incredibly low Ug-value of 1.0 within a double glazed unit, thereby contributing significantly to energy savings. Carbon Dioxide (CO2) output is significantly reduced, helping to protect the environment, whilst the significant energy savings it offers help to reduce heating costs.
Pilkington Optitherm™ S1 is the the product in our low-e range offering ultra low-emissivity and achieving a Ug-value of only 1.0 W/m2K when incorporated in a double glazed IGU.
Pilkington Optitherm™ S1 combines superior light transmittance with a highly neutral colour. It is the ultimate in thermal insulation and should be specified for any situation where excessive heat loss is a concern.
This low-emissivity product helps to reduce energy losses and hence heating costs. It also increases interior comfort by reducing draughts in window areas, ensuring even heat distribution throughout the room.
Pilkington Optitherm™ S1 offers following benefits:
- Ug-value of 1.0 in a double glazed unit, in accordance with EN standards;
- energy efficient way to reduce heating bills and environmental impact through reduced CO2 emissions;
- high viewing transparency with 70% light transmittance and 48% total solar heat transmittance (within a 4/16/4 IGU construction) enhances internal living environment;
- available in a range of different sizes and thicknesses for various applications;
- available in combination with Pilkington Optilam™ and Pilkington Optiphon™ for impact resistance, increased security or improved noise reduction.