Pilkington Activ Suncool™ - overview
Pilkington Activ Suncool™ is a range of self-cleaning, superior solar control and thermal insulation performance, dual coated glass:
- Surface #1 on-line self-cleaning coating,
- Surface #2 off-line superior solar control and low-emissivity coating.
Pilkington Activ Suncool™ combines excellent solar control with a range of optical performances to improve the aesthetic appearance, energy efficiency and occupier comfort of a building, as well as self-cleaning properties. Pilkington Activ Suncool™ is a range of several performance options offering various levels of light transmission, solar radiation transmission and alternative colours for the ultimate in design freedom.
Designed to achieve optimum performance in large glazed areas, Pilkington Activ Suncool™ is suitable for both commercial and residential applications that demand high energy efficiency and self-cleaning properties. With the increased use of glass in architecture, Pilkington Activ Suncool™ is the ideal product for curtain wall glazing, creating consistent and cost-efficient attractive glass facades. Pilkington Activ Suncool™ allows the designer to control every aspect of the performance in curtain wall applications, from solar to thermal considerations to aesthetic appeal; giving clearer better looking windows.
Pilkington Activ Suncool™ is provided as an Insulating Glass Unit where the front pane of glass is coated with Pilkington Activ™ on the external surface and Pilkington Suncool™ on its inside surface. Pilkington Suncool™ high performance products such as this also incorporate ultra low-emissivity for excellent thermal control.
Pilkington Activ Suncool™ offers following benefits:
- self-cleaning properties reduce the need for manual cleaning, saving water and eliminating potentially harmful run-off from expensive detergents, also increasing personal safety,
- additional superior solar control property, reducing the need for cooling the inside of the building,
- superior low-emissivity, with U-values down to 1,0 W/m2K in 6-16-4 standard constructions with argon (90%), making the products highly energy-efficient, through reduced need for heating,
- range of light transmission and reflection, reducing the need for lighting the inside of the building,
- wide range of appearance and performance options, providing a solution for the most demanding designs,
- works even on cloudy days and during the night,
- highly durable pyrolytic on-line self-cleaning coating lasts the lifetime of the glass,
- to be used solely in Insulating Glass Units (self-cleaning coating on surface #1 / solar control low-emissivity coating on surface #2),
- available in combination with Pilkington Optilam™, for impact resistance,
- available in combination with Pilkington Optiphon™, for improved noise reduction,
- available in annealed, toughened, toughenable and laminated forms,
- selection of harmonising spandrel panels available, allowing freedom in design of curtain glass walls,
- available in a range of different sizes and thicknesses (generally available in 6 and 8 mm; 4 mm is available in some products, 10 mm is available on special request).