Pilkington Pyrostop® is a clear, multi-laminated fully insulating fire-resistant safety glass that offers the highest level of fire protection, effectively blocking the transmission of conductive and radiant heat, while maximising the transmission of natural light and transparency.
Pilkington Pyrostop® is designed for interior and exterior use where thermal insulation is required in the case of fire up to class EI 180. It is suitable for use with steel, aluminium and timber frames in monolithic form or insulating glass units. Pilkington Pyrostop® is ideal for use in transparent fire walls, windows (special application), doors, screens, partitions and façades as well as for horizontal applications (roof and inclined glazing).
- Extensively tested in a variety of framing materials and systems
- Provides proven integrity and insulation for up to 180 minutes when used in a suitable, tested glazing system, restricting the spread of flames, smoke and hot gases and effectively blocking the transmission of conductive and radiant heat from the fire
- Special clear intumescent interlayers, reacting to form a rigid, opaque, visual barrier to flames, helping to reduce panic and fear during evacuation of the building
- Maximum light transmission for thicker versions that use Pilkington Optiwhite™ low-iron glass
- Totally clear, unobstructed vision
- Impact safety
- Provides effective noise control
- Can be combined with other functional glasses for greater flexibility in applications
- Available in different thicknesses and compositions for internal or external use
- Available in monolithic or insulating glass unit form.