Pilkington Planar™ structural glazing system
Pilkington Planar™ structural glass systems have a proven track record in the most demanding applications. Architects can have absolute confidence in our ability to create soaring facades, roofs, canopies or even clad an entire building knowing that the client will receive the most highly engineered system in the market backed by the most respected glass manufacturer in the world.
Always Striving to Reach New Heights!
Architects, engineers and consultants are continually demanding higher performance and creating newer and more complex designs. Our in-house engineering team and research centre are constantly testing new designs solutions, enabling architects and engineers the design flexibility they require. It is this intense level of testing backed by over forty years of experience that gives the end user the confidence to know that Pilkington Planar™ delivers the safest product on the market.
How It Works
Pilkington Planar™ structural glazing system provides a flush glass surface by utilising stainless steel fittings housed in countersunk holes to fix the glass facade back to the structure instead of using the more conventional framed systems. The result is a fully engineered system with the minimum of structure and the maximum visual clarity. A silicone seal between adjacent panels provides weatherproofing.
Watch the video to find out more
Pilkington Planar Activ™
With suitable silicone-free sealants now available, Pilkington Planar™, the world’s leading structural glazing system, can incorporate Pilkington Activ™ self-cleaning glass.
As well as allowing the design freedom that comes with frameless glazing,the dual action cleaning process will not only make sure your creation stays looking its best, but also reduce future maintenance costs.
Pilkington Planar Activ™ offers following benefits:
- create the ultimate structural glazing system incorporating dual-action self-cleaning,
- also available in blue and bronze with the additional benefit of solar control properties,
- Pilkington Activ™ can be laminated with many other Pilkington glass types to produce the ideal combination,
- Pilkington Planar Activ™ incorporated into the Planar™ | SentryGlas® System allows thinner combinations with greater strength,
- Pilkington Planar™ Integral has the fixing encapsulated within the laminated glass – allowing sealed glazing with a completely flush, uninterrupted self-cleaning surface.