and Pilkington OptiView™
Protect are our on-line coated low reflective products.
Pilkington OptiView™ is a monolithic glass with a low reflective coating on one surface, which reduces visible light reflectance and allows more visible light to pass through when compared to clear float glass with 8% light reflectance as standard.
Pilkington OptiView™ Protect is a laminated glass with low reflective coatings on surfaces #1 and #4 (both outer surfaces of the laminated glass), which reduces interior and exterior visible light reflectance to around 2%. As a consequence, views from both inside and out are clear, unobscured and virtually reflection-free. Pilkington OptiView™ Protect offers all the traditional benefits of laminated glass, such as improved safety, enhanced security, durability and acoustic properties. Furthermore, it provides protection from UV radiation (UVA and UVB) by blocking over 99% of UV transmittance, helping to reduce fading of the contents and interiors of a building.
- Exterior and interior light reflection reduced to around 2%
- Light transmission greater than 90%
- Neutral colour
- UV transmittance reduced by over 99%
- Superior safety, security and acoustic properties
- Highly durable, on-line pyrolytic coating which achieves Class A to EN 1096-2
- Performance to Class 1(B)1 EN 12600 and EN ISO 12543-2 respectively
- Achieves ASTM C 1376 standard specification