Pilkington Optilam™ is produced by combining two or more sheets of glass with polyvinylbutyral (PVB) interlayers. It is this lamination that enables it to offer impact protection and safety. By varying the number of layers and thickness of the glass, it can offer many benefits and be used in various applications.
This option of laminated glass incorporates coloured interlayers, thus offering a wider choice of colours than body tinted glass for more design options. There are eight standard colours available; other non-standard options may be available on request.
- Remains intact or breaks safely on impact to reduce the risk of serious injury
- Resists attack for longer as it remains bonded to the interlayer – specialist high performance security glass also available
- Can be used in Insulating Glass Units, for different combinations of benefits
- Up to Class A impact performance to BS 6206
- Up to Class 1(B)1 to BS EN 12600: 2002
- Wide range of colours available
- Reduced colour fading
- Interlayer colour is independent of glass thickness, allowing more design options