Pilkington Optimirror™ Protect Plus is a new generation of safety mirror providing the optimum choice for all interior mirror applications where safety and aesthetics are paramount.
It comes as standard on Pilkington Optiwhite™, a true low-iron glass that is practically colourless, and is therefore also ideal for applications where glass edges are visible or where transparency and enhanced clarity are desired.
Pilkington Optimirror™ Protect Plus brings style, resilience and safety to multiple interior applications in a diverse range of sectors:
- Public spaces
- Public transport, e.g. trains, planes, ships
- Stations and airports
- Commercial applications e.g. office blocks
- Beauty salons & Boutiques
- Shopping centres
- Lifts and escalators
- Leisure applications e.g. gymnasiums
- General domestic environments
- Pilkington Optimirror™ Protect Plus achieves Class 3 (B) 3 to BS EN 12600 for pendulum body impact resistance. If broken, glass remains in place until easily and safely replaced.
- An optically flat surface is maintained with no roller wave, enhancing aesthetics and providing a visually stunning mirror.
- Available from stock in 3210 × 2550 sheets (4.3 mm thickness).
- Pilkington Optiwhite™ version available as standard.
- Grey and Bronze available on request.
- The stock sheets can be cut, drilled and edge worked using standard glass processing equipment unlike toughened glass.
- Passes the durability tests in EN 1036, the European Standard for conventional mirrors.
- Satisfies the requirements for Class O material for Approved Document B (Fire Safety).
- Environmentally friendly – low-energy process, lightweight, no heavy metals or toxic elements used.
- Compatible with a range of adhesives for internal applications and can be used in various fixing systems.