Pilkington Activ™ - BRE Report
11 May 2015
Displaying the benefits of Pilkington Activ™, The Building Research Establishment (BRE) have previously published results of a six-month research and evaluation project on the world’s first dual action self-cleaning glass.
BRE is one of the world’s most renowned research and testing institutions for building products and the results show the effectiveness of our Pilkington Activ™ glass the product in reducing costs, and environmental impact. They even suggest that by using this product loss of life and serious injury in window cleaning accidents may be reduced.
Other outputs from this report include:
- Very positive user and specifier feedback
- Identification of window-cleaning cost savings, and other benefits, from real life examples
- Whole Life Costings show Pilkington Activ™ to be the most economic solution
- Pilkington Activ™ payback period 3-11 years
- Pilkington Activ™ is cheaper than reversible windows
- Pilkington Activ™ has one tenth of the environmental impact of normal glass, expressed as BRE “Ecopoints”
- Individual environmental impacts quantified (eg CO2, toxicity, ozone depletion)
- Avoidable deaths and injuries from window cleaning quantified (20 deaths a year)
- External condensation reduction identified
To view the full report, please click here: http://www.pilkington.com/resources/brepilkingtonactivreportsummary3.pdf