Anti-bandit – Secure by design – Blast resistant.
Our insulating glass unit incorporating Safety and Security is known as Pilkington Insulight™ Protect.
For safety combined with security without compromising levels of natural daylight, we offer a choice of glass. Pilkington toughened safety glass is subjected to a heating and cooling process, which creates high compressive surface stresses to make it up to five times stronger than ordinary annealed float glass of the same thickness.
is produced by combining two or more sheets of glass with PVB interlayers, and it is this lamination that enables it to offer impact protection and security. By varying the number of layers and thickness of the glass, increased levels of security can be obtained.
Pilkington Toughened Safety Glass Benefits:
- Up to 5 times stronger than annealed glass of the same thickness.
- Breaks into small pieces to reduce risk of serious injury.
- Up to Class 1(C)1 to BS EN 12600.
- Available heat-soaked where required.
- Eliminates risk of thermal fracture.
- Remains in position on impact, thus reducing the risk of serious injury.
- Resists attack for longer as it remains bonded to the interlayer.
- Can be used in IGUs, for different combinations of benefits, such as decorative effects.
Toughened/ Heat strengthened Laminated Glass Benefits:
- Ideal for use in roofs, atria, unitised systems or where glazing is thermally at risk.
- Recommended for safety critical areas and overhead glazing.
- Heat soaked testing for toughened glass available.
Pilkington Toughened Laminate glass incorporating Sentry Glas* interlayer Benefits:
- Increased strength
- Reduced weight of glass and structure
- Increased safety – even when broken
- Increased durability
- Incredible clarity, particularly when combined with Pilkington Optiwhite™ low-iron glass
- Up to Class 1(B)1 to BS EN 12600
- Grades available to meet EN 356
*Sentry Glas is a registered trade mark of Kuraray
For further information on our safety and security range click here.