Fire protection Units
Provide you with integrity/insulation and protection from radiation.
Plus passive protection from the effects of fire for up to 180 minutes (product dependant).
A range of fire-resistant glass units are available from Pilkingon Plyglass offering varying levels of protection, which are measured in terms of:
- Integrity - the time the glass remains intact in a fire.
- Insulation - the amount the glass will limit the temperature rise on the non-fire side.
It should be noted that fire-resistant glass should always be specified as part of a complete glazing system, and installation carried out by specialists in order to ensure it achieves its expected fire performance.
These products use laminated intumescent layers to combine integrity and insulation for a short period of time in a completely clear glass. In a fire the clear interlayer foams to provide an opaque barrier, thus reducing fear and panic during evacuation.
- Offers 30 and 60 minutes integrity, with full insulation for a short period of time, in a 10 mm thickness product.
- Restricts flames and hot gases.
- Turns opaque in a fire.
- Grades available for internal and external applications.
- Tested and approved with a wide range of fire-resistant framing materials, glazing gaskets and sealants.
- Impact safety performance up to Class 1(B)1 BS EN 12600
- Tried and successfully tested in a wide range of applications, including the Certifire Scheme.
- The Pilkington range of fire-resistant glass units can be combined with other functional glass types.
The clear alternative to a solid wall, combining a high level of fire performance with impact protection. Offers the same features as Pilkington Pyrodur®
units with the additional benefits of:
- Clear, multi-laminated glass, retaining integrity and insulating against heat transfer from fire.
- Up to 120 minutes insulation and integrity in suitable glazing systems.
- Thicknesses from 15 to 60 mm for various levels of protection
- Provides high levels of noise-reduction.
Pilkington Pyroclear® Units
A unique, new, super modified toughened glass, offering 30 and 60 minutes integrity
- Designed for consistency: proprietary NSG processing technology, a special toughening specification and specific control criteria.
- Less sensitive to edge cover relative to standard modified toughened glasses.
- Impact safety BS EN 12600 1(C)1, i.e. the highest possible classification for a toughened glass.
- Large sizes and flexible use in timber, metal and composite doors and screens.
- Ideal for safe escape before fire conditions become untenable.
For further information on our fire-protection range please click here.