Pilkington Spectrum is a Windows-based glass performance model which enables the key properties of insulating glass units to be calculated quickly and efficiently without the need to construct and measure them.
For single glazing, insulating glass units (double, triple and quadruple glazing) and secondary glazing or double window configurations, Pilkington Spectrum is able to provide the following information:
- Light and solar properties (transmittance, reflectance, absorptance, g value, etc.) in accordance with EN 410
- Centre pane U value in accordance with EN 673 (with an option to display the U value to two decimal places)
- Sound insulation values measured in accordance with EN ISO 140-3 or generally accepted values from EN 12758
- Ultra violet (uv) transmittance and colour rendering index (Ra) in accordance with EN 410
- Other properties (e.g. pendulum body impact resistance, fire resistance, resistance to manual attack, etc.)
The database includes a comprehensive range of Pilkington products, provided by benefit-led category (e.g. solar control, thermal insulation, self-cleaning etc.). A print facility is provided for convenience and details of the relevant technical contact are given.
Pilkington Spectrum ‘on-line’ is an exciting new development by Pilkington, with the following added features and benefits:
- New registration process to stay informed on program updates as well as on new Pilkington products
- All users working with the same version of the program – no risk of some continuing to use an out-of-date version
- No need to keep downloading software or updates; no need to contact your IT administrator for permission to download software from the internet
- ‘Live’ database, regularly updated.
New version of Pilkington Spectrum online now available!
Following feedback from regular users of Pilkington Spectrum online, a new improved version has been introduced. Several new features have been added, including:
- A “Copy” link introduced with pop up explaining how to copy screen to clipboard
- Flipping of coated glass in some positions, where appropriate
- Ability to add free text (e.g. project name) to print outs
- Option to change language from default (country-dependent)
Important note. To access Pilkington Spectrum ‘on-line’ the registration form must be completed -
CLICK HERE TO REGISTER FOR THE ONLINE VERSION
Those who have previously registered for Pilkington Spectrum online will not have to re-register again for this latest version.
If you have any problems in registering or have a general query please send an email.
Pilkington Spectrum allows you to combine a wide range of products available from Pilkington and determine their key properties such as light transmittance, g value and U value. The program includes restrictions that prevent some combinations being selected that may be considered unwise or impractical. Even with these restrictions, it is still possible to create product combinations that may not be available from your supplier. Please check with your supplier that your chosen product combination is possible, available in the sizes required and in a timescale appropriate to your project. Furthermore, it is essential that you check that your product combination is appropriate for satisfying local, regional, national and other project-specific requirements. Due to the importance of selecting fire rated products that are tested in the various glazng options, they are not included in this program. For information on solar and thermal performance of fire rated products please contact the Pilkington technical advisory service.