Pilkington Optiphon™ is a high quality acoustic laminated glass that offers excellent noise reduction without compromising on light transmittance or impact performance. The desired acoustic performance can be achieved through combining various thicknesses of glass with a special PVB (polyvinylbutyral) interlayer. With a large variety of product combinations, Pilkington Optiphon™ offers the opportunity to achieve specific noise reduction requirements.
Pilkington Optiphon™ can be combined with other Pilkington products for a multi-functional noise-reduction monolithic glass or a multi-functional noise-reduction insulating glass unit providing additional benefits, such as thermal insulation, solar control or self-cleaning.
Pilkington Optiphon™ is the ideal choice of glass in situations where there is excess noise from road, rail or air traffic, or other sources such as factories or nightclubs.
Product features and benefits
- Provides a range of noise control levels
- A thin and lightweight solution to noise problems
- Achieves safety class 1(B)1 (EN 12600) and is available to meet
security glass classifications in accordance with EN 356
- In case of breakage remains intact, minimising the risk of injury
- Easy to process, and can be incorporated into Insulating Glass Units
- Can be single, double or triple glazed
- Can be combined with other Pilkington products for a multifunctional
noise-reduction monolithic glass or a multi-functional noise-reduction Insulating Glass Unit providing additional benefits, such as thermal insulation, solar control or self-cleaning
- Available thicknesses: 6,8 mm; 8,8 mm; 9,1 mm; 10,8 mm; 12,8 mm; 13,1 mm.