Pilkington Optimirror™ is a range of high specification mirror products, with excellent protection of the reflective silver layer, without the need for the copper and lead used in the conventional process. In addition to being environmentally friendly to manufacture, the Pilkington Optimirror™ products offer far greater resistance to natural atmospheric corrosion – thus reducing the unsightly problems of black edges and spot faults.
The products are available on clear, (Pilkington Optimirror™), bronze (Pilkington Optimirror™ Bronze) and low-iron substrates (Pilkington Optimirror™ OW), offering increased light reflection up to 94% on 4 mm thickness.
Pilkington Optimirror™ Protect has the same features as Pilkington Optimirror™ with the addition of a special safety film backing that protects against possible injury resulting from breakage.
Due to their high light reflection performance and superior standard of manufacture, the Pilkington Optimirror™ products can be utilised across a vast array of buildings and applications, including walls, partitions, doors, displays, ceilings, cupboards, wardrobes and other furniture.
Pilkington Optimirror™ Protect is the ideal choice for applications anywhere in the home where there is greater risk of accidental damage, e.g. doors, wardrobes and children’s rooms.
Product features and benefits
- High light reflection of up to 94% in 4 mm thickness
- Completely lead-free top coat and < 0,15% lead in the wet basecoat
- Excellent resistance to natural atmospheric corrosion
- Higher corrosion resistance and improved resistance to chemical attack from cleaners and certain adhesives than conventional mirrors
- Environmentally friendly manufacturing process producing less waste and ensures easier onward recycling
- Compliant with EN 1036
- Available in 3 mm, 4 mm and 6 mm thicknesses
Additional for Pilkington Optimirror™ Protect
- Incorporates special safety film for added impact protection
- Achieves impact performance to EN 12600 Class 2(B)2
- Available in 4 mm and 6 mm thicknesses.
How do I buy/specify this product?