Pilkington Optifloat™ Opal
An acid-etched glass suitable for internal or external use,
Pilkington Optifloat™ Opal creates an attractive finish for windows, partition walls, glass doors, furniture, shelving, wall cladding and many more applications. Whilst they can look stunning and create a beautiful effect, many of the semi-opaque glasses on the market have proved difficult to stock, handle and process until now.
Pilkington Optifloat™ Opal offers all the diffused natural light of a translucent glass, but with none of the drawbacks. The real beauty is that it can be stored and processed in the same way as standard float glass.
It is versatile and easy to handle and process, Pilkington Optifloat™ Opal can be used in any internal of external applications for decoration purposes such as windows, partition walls, glass doors and furniture (including shelves, cabinets and display cases), working surfaces, wall cladding and balustrades.
Products features and benefits
- High light transmittance (of typically 87% in 4 mm), allowing privacy and uniform, natural design whilst still diffusing light
- "Velvet smooth" and durable surface; high perceived value in any application
- Can be used internally and externally, highly resistant even by challenging weather conditions
- Anti-reflectivity of the etched surface
- Available from stock
- Can be stored and processed as ordinary float glass
- Can be toughened, laminated and screen-printed using standard
- Available in a wide range of sizes and ticknesses (4, 6, 8 and
How do I buy/specify this product?